How are you encountering God in your everyday life? Sometimes it’s just hard to include God in our average, ordinary day because we expect extraordinary things from Him. How could He possibly be at work while we’re doing our grocery shopping, responding to emails or teaching our child to tie their shoes? How is God present when we are playing basketball in gym class or heading home from school?
The simple answer: He’s everywhere and always working, we just need to look for Him.
If you’re looking for the best ways to see God in your everyday life, try working through the scriptures and reflection questions below to get started.
- Psalm 118:24 – No matter how ordinary your day may seem, it has been created and blessed by God. It is a gift!
- Zephaniah 3:17 – This morning reflect on the ways that God delights in YOU! Make a list and offer praise and thanks.
- How does spending your ordinary day reflect how you spend your Christian life? Does this ring true for you? Take a moment: read the story of Jesus’ baptism in Scripture. If you’ve been baptized, reflect on your own baptism.
- Isaiah 50:4 – What is God trying to tell you today? Spend time listening. Write down anything that you might hear, even if it sounds impossible.
- Is it hard to believe you are beloved of God? If so, what are some of the obstacles to embracing your identity as beloved?
We want to help you encounter God because when we do, we can accomplish extraordinary things. Be sure to join us in person or online for The Ordinary on Saturdays at 5 pm and Sundays at 9:15 and 10:45 am (both Sunday services are streamed live here), April 27-June 2.