“Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” – Colossians 3:13
It’s amazing to know that we don’t have to do a single thing for God to forgive us. So how do we go about forgiving others? The Mayo Clinic offers these tips:
- Recognize the value of forgiveness and how it can improve your life.
- Identify what needs healing and who needs to be forgiven and for what.
- Consider joining a support group or seeing a counselor.
- Acknowledge your emotions about the harm done to you and how they affect your behavior, and work to release them.
- Choose to forgive the person who has offended you.
- Move away from your role as the victim and release the control and power the offending person and situation have had in your life.
Who do you need to forgive today? Who do you need to forgive you for something you’ve done? What do you need to release yourself or someone else from so you can experience the fullness of Jesus? Consider reaching out to them today.