Summer is a great time to have fun, connect with friends, and meet new people. The kids are out of school, many people take some extra time off work, and there are a lot of fun activities offered (like the End of Summer Splash happening this Sunday)! But with high temperatures, it can be tempting to stay inside all day. Here are some ways you can safely beat the heat to make memories and build community this summer, offered by cdc.gov:
- Plan your outdoor activities early in the morning or later in the day when temperatures are cooler.
- Wear sunscreen and reapply it often.
- Pace your activity. Start slowly, and gradually pick up the pace.
- Drink more water, and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to get a drink.
- Wear loose, lightweight, and light-colored clothing.
Don’t let the heat prevent you from making memories and new friends this summer! Follow these tips to stay safe, and come cool off with us at the End of Summer Splash this Sunday at 7:30 pm!