This is a place to connect and grow deeper in loving God and loving others. At Church of the Shepherd, adult groups gather to help each other on the spiritual journey of life. We like to mix it up during the year, so please view our most recent opportunities › or visit Guest Services in the Lobby. In the meantime, here’s a quick look at the type of things you can expect:
- Community Groups: These groups meet together on an on-going basis in homes, and usually dive deeper into scripture based on our current sermon series.
- Classes: These classes explore the Bible or read a book together for a set amount of time.
- The Bridge on Wednesdays 6 – 7:30 pm. Classes and groups are available mid-week for your faith development. Topics range from parenting to exploring the Bible to faith-building in the workplace. Join us for dinner (served 5:15 – 6 pm), a short worship experience, and then an opportunity to grow through a class or group. Check in at Guest Services for the current offerings. You can join in at any time!
- Other Groups:
- 20/30’s Ministry
- Modern Family
- Men’s Ministry
- Women’s Ministry
- Mom & Me
- A variety of topical support and encouragement groups
For us, providing an environment where kids are safe, loved and cared for is crucial. Kids of all ages are welcome to experience an inclusive ministry of learning God’s love through Bible stories, worship, music, art and serving opportunities. For those with special abilities, buddies are available for one-on-one guidance. We believe everyone matters.
- Soul Street (Birth- 5th Grade) is our Kid’s Worship on every Sunday at 9:15 am and 10:45 am. We offer a separate 4th and 5th grade preteen track and nursery care for kids under two-years-old. Worship at Soul Street includes singing, a message from our Children & Family Ministry Leader and different ways to respond to God. We teach spiritual practices like prayer, reading the Bible and serving others.
- The Bridge (Birth- 5th Grade) is on Wednesdays at 6 pm. This is a place for kids to invite their friends for rotational stations including: a Bible lesson, choir, dance, art and an ever exciting “mystery station” that is a surprise each week. Nursery care is available for kids under two years.
Join us throughout the year for Family Experiences, Festivals, performances by kids and more. Y5 is our unique way for 5th graders to experience their first youth group, and Worship Arts Camp (our creative spin on VBS) is held each summer and does not disappoint!
The heart of this ministry encourages youth to love God and others through sharing, prayer, worship, and service. We guide students as they navigate life as already-but-not-yet young adults and help them discover God’s will for their lives.
- SURGE (6th -12th Grade): Sunday Mornings at 9:15 am. This Bible study time helps youth dig deeper into the Bible and build the foundation of a Christian lifestyle in today’s world.
- Fusion Youth Group (6th – 12th Grade): Sunday Nights from 5 – 7 pm. Students are invited to discover what it means to experience God by learning more about the Bible, playing fun games and having exciting conversation with other youth about how to live a Christian lifestyle. Middle school and high school students split into separate groups for games and bible study.
- The Bridge (6th-8th Grade): Wednesdays 6 – 7:30 pm. Middle school students can join us each week for a chance to hang out with their friends, play games, hear a short Bible lesson, and participate in a service opportunity.
- The Bridge (9th-12th Grade): High school students will be participating in a small group study based off of the book The Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith. Through group discussion, scripture study, and spiritual practices, they’ll discover the narratives Jesus lived by, take a next step on the path to becoming His disciples, and grow in the knowledge of our good and beautiful God.
Additionally, our Youth remain active during the year with summer mission trips, retreats, and other seasonal events. During the Winter, the youth even put on a Dinner Theatre (a favorite around here) and Confirmation Classes start up each January. If your youth wants to get involved, we’ve got a place for them! All are welcome to jump in at any time throughout the year.
Confirmation: Confirmation inspires youth in grades 6-8 to explore their faith, ask questions about the church, and discover who they are to God and how He is working in them. This year, Pastor Jon and Pastor Ashley will be leading our youth through this fun and exciting experience. Parents are asked to take this journey with their child.
This is a place for seniors to continue on their faith journey and engage with others to share this exciting time of life.
- Forever Young Luncheon: 2nd Wednesday of each month at 11 am
- Young at Heart Game Night: 3rd Saturday of each month, following the 5 pm worship service
If you or a member of your family have been thinking about baptism, we encourage you to consider attending our Baptism Class. A session is offered each month. This is an opportunity to speak personally with one of our pastors about the Sacrament of Baptism and explore plans to make it memorable for you and your family.
We offer Foundations classes (introductory courses taught by the pastors) and Disciple’s Path group studies (a deeper dive into your faith journey) that are all designed to help you learn what it means to be a member at Church of the Shepherd. To learn more about membership, please contact Robin Long.